Skip to main content

CHS Registration FAQs

Annual registration FAQ Am I required to register with the Commission?

Submitted by erin.hicks-tib… on

Vermont law requires entities that sell “heating fuel into or in Vermont” to register annually with the Commission. Heating fuel is defined as “fossil-based heating fuel, including oil, propane, natural gas, coal, and kerosene” (see 30 V.S.A. § 8123(11)).

If you sold heating fuel into or in Vermont in the past calendar year (January 1 -December 31, 2023), please register with the Commission by January 31, 2024. 

Subscribe to CHS Registration FAQs