Net-metering is the process of measuring the difference between the electricity supplied to a customer by their utility and the electricity fed back to the utility by a customer’s electric generation system (such as solar panels) during the customer's billing period. In Vermont, customers in the same utility service territory are allowed to form "groups" to share in the output of a net-metering system.
The Public Utility Commission regulates the construction and operation of net-metering systems. The Commission also reviews and approves utility net-metering tariffs, which govern the terms and conditions of net-metering service.
- Net-Metering Registration Form
- Net-Metering Application Form
- Checklist - Applications for net-metering systems greater than 50 kW and that are not located on a roof or hydroelectric facilities. **New 5/31/2018**
- Agency of Natural Resources Application Fee Form
- Net-Metering Hearing Request Form
- CPG Municipal Notice Form
- Net-Metering CPG Transfer Form
- Net-Metering CPG Transfer Form for Use by Companies