A quasi-judicial agency, the Vermont Public Utility Commission often conducts its proceedings as courts do. The various types of Commission proceedings adhere to special steps and time-frames; besides information contained on its website, the Commission provides three downloadable documents that can assist you in particpating in its proceedings: A Citizen’s Guide to the Public Utility Commission; Public Participation and Intervention in Proceedings Before the Public Utility Commission; A Guide to Evidentiary Hearings.
- Who is the Commission and Types of Cases Handled by the Commission
- Who is the Commission
- Agency Roles
- Types of Cases Handled by the Commission
- Participating in the Commission's Regulatory Process
- Contested and Uncontested Case Proceedings
- Public Participation
- Procedures for Different Types of Cases
- General Overview of Commission Procedures
- Details of Commission Procedures for Specific Types of Cases
- Glossary of Terms
NOTE: If you are interested in reviewing a specific case file, making a filing in a case, or filing an application to be reviewed by the Commission, go to ePUC Information or go directly to the online document-management system, ePUC.