Both the State of Vermont and the federal government have declared a state of emergency due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus known as COVID-19. This webpage contains information about changes to the Public Utility Commission’s operations as a result of this state of emergency. The changes are intended to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Vermont while still enabling the Commission to fulfill its statutory functions in a timely manner.
Please be aware that, while the Commission continues to conduct business, starting March 26, 2020, the Commission’s building is closed to the public. The Commission can be contacted via phone at 802-828-2358 or email at email@example.com.
Because the Commission’s building is closed to the public, FedEx, UPS, and courier services are not able to deliver to the Commission’s offices. In addition, regular mail sent to the Commission’s office is only being picked up by a Commission employee once a week.
The Commission’s online filing system known as ePUC is operating normally; most filings can be made this way. Information on how to use ePUC is available at: https://puc.vermont.gov/epuc-information. See the Commission’s March 20, 2020, memorandum below for information on how to file in “legacy” paper cases. See the Commission's March 31, 2020, order below for information on how to file confidential documents. See the Commission's April 23, 2020, order below for information on how to file notices of appeal.
The Commission has posted all the orders and memoranda that it has issued related to changes to its operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic in ePUC in Case No. 20-0789-INV. The Commission encourages stakeholders to subscribe to this case in ePUC to receive automatic notifications of any future orders issued by the Commission related to changes to its operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instructions on how to subscribe to a case in ePUC are available at: https://puc.vermont.gov/epuc-information/subscribe-case If you need further assistance, please contact the ePUC system administrator at puc.ePUCadmin@vermont.gov.
All Commission orders and parties' filings related to the Commission's temporary moratorium on involuntary utility disconnections can be found in Case No. 20-0703-PET in ePUC.
Those Commission orders and memoranda that still govern changes to the Commission's operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic are listed below. (Orders and memoranda that have been superceded are not shown.)
Documents Issued by the Commission
- October 15, 2020 - Order Extending Applicability of Guidance on Making Certain Filings and Confirming that Commission Does Not Intend to Hold Site Visits Through April 13, 2021
- October 15, 2020 - Revised Emergency Rule 2.500 re Extension of amended filing and procedural requirements and alternative procedures due to the COVID-19 virus. Filing forms can be accessed by clicking here.
- October 15, 2020 - Emergency Rule 2.600 re Amends various procedural requirements and also provides enhanced consumer protections to customers who may be experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Filing forms can be accessed by clicking here.
- October 8, 2020 - Order Ending the Temporary Disconnection Moratorium and Ordering Protections for Utility Customers Facing Economic Hardships
- October 7, 2020 - Guidance for Participating in Remote Public Hearings
- July 30, 2020 - Order re Interconnection Agreement Execution Deadlines
- July 9, 2020 - Order Providing Guidance for Exhibit Numbers
- June 30, 2020 - Order Clarifying Commission Processing of Expedited Requests
- June 17, 2020 - Guidance for Participating in Remote Evidentiary Hearings
- May 21, 2020 - Order Granting Further Extension of Commissioning Deadlines and Seeking Comments on Request to Extend Interconnection Agreement Execution Deadlines
- April 23, 2020 - Order re Filing of Notices of Appeal During COVID-19 Outbreak
- April 17, 2020 - Order Clarifying Order re Certificates of Public Good and Governor's Emergency Declaration
- April 16, 2020 - Order re Certificates of Public Good and Governor's Emergency Declaration
- March 31, 2020 - Order re Filing of Confidential Documents
- March 20, 2020 - Memorandum re Changes to Public Utility Commission Operations Due to COVID-19 Outbreak