Both the State of Vermont and the federal government have declared a state of emergency due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus known as COVID-19. This webpage contains information about changes to the Public Utility Commission’s operations as a result of this state of emergency. The changes are intended to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Vermont while still enabling the Commission to fulfill its statutory functions in a timely manner.
Please be aware that, while the Commission continues to conduct business, starting March 26, 2020, the Commission’s building is closed to the public. The Commission can be contacted via phone at 802-828-2358 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because the Commission’s building is closed to the public, FedEx, UPS, and courier services are not able to deliver to the Commission’s offices. In addition, regular mail sent to the Commission’s office is only being picked up by a Commission employee once a week.
The Commission’s online filing system known as ePUC is operating normally; most filings can be made this way. Information on how to use ePUC is available at: https://puc.vermont.gov/epuc-information. See the Commission’s March 20, 2020, memorandum below for information on how to file in “legacy” paper cases. See the Commission's March 31, 2020, order below for information on how to file confidential documents.
The Commission is also putting the orders and memoranda it has issued related to changes to its operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic in ePUC in Case No. 20-0789-INV. The Commission encourages stakeholders to subscribe to this case in ePUC to receive automatic notifications of any future orders issued by the Commission related to changes to its operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instructions on how to subscribe to a case in ePUC are available at: https://puc.vermont.gov/epuc-information/subscribe-case If you need further assistance, please contact the ePUC system administrator at puc.ePUCadmin@vermont.gov.
Documents Issued by the Commission
- July 30, 2020 - Order Re Interconnection Agreement Execution Deadlines
- July 30, 2020 - Order Extending Temporary Moratorium of Involuntary Utility Disconnections
- July 9, 2020 - Order Providing Guidance for Exhibit Numbers
- June 30, 2020 - Order Clarifying Commission Processing of Expedited Requests
- June 30, 2020 - Order Confirming Commission Will Not Hold Site Visits Through October 27, 2020
- June 18, 2020 - Order Requesting Public Comments Responding to Request for Waiver of Commission Rule 5.508(B) for Certain Execution Deadlines
- June 17, 2020 - Guidance for Participating in Remote Evidentiary Hearings
- June 2, 2020 - Emergency Rule 2.500 updated to reflect technical correction to Section 2.504(B)(2)
- May 28, 2020 - Order Extending Moratorium and Requesting Utility Plans
- May 21, 2020 - Order Granting Further Extension of Commissioning Deadlines and Seeking Comments on Request to Extend Interconnection Agreement Execution Deadlines
- May 21, 2020 - Order Extending Applicability of Guidance on Making Certain Filings and Announcement that Commission Will Schedule Remote Public Hearings and Public Information Sessions
- May 1, 2020 - Order Confirming Commission Will Not Hold Public Hearings, Site Visits, or Public Information Sessions Through the End of May 2020
- April 30, 2020 - Emergency Rule 2.500 re amendment to various filing and procedural requirements. Forms were filed with the Secretary of State.
- April 30, 2020 - Order Requesting Comments on Potential Further Extension of Commissioning Deadlines
- April 23, 2020 - Order Extending Temporary Moratorium on Involuntary Utility Service Disconnections
- April 23, 2020 - Order re Filing of Notices of Appeal During COVID-19 Outbreak
- April 17, 2020 - Order Clarifying Order re Certificates of Public Good and Governor's Emergency Declaration
- April 16, 2020 - Order re Certificates of Public Good and Governor's Emergency Declaration
- March 31, 2020 - Order re Filing of Confidential Documents
- March 30, 2020 - Order Amending March 26, 2020 Order Waiving Procedural Requirements That Require Close Personal Contact
- March 27, 2020 - Order Granting Extension of Commissioning Deadlines
- March 27, 2020 - Moratorium re Expanded Moratorium on Disconnections During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 26, 2020 - Order Waiving Procedural Requirements That Require Close Personal Contact
- March 20, 2020 - Memorandum re Changes to Public Utility Commission Operations Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- March 18, 2020 - Moratorium re Utility Services Blocked from Disconnecting During the COVID-19 Outbreak